Monday, September 7, 2009

What Our Guests Say About Us

So after all it's not just about offering cheap accommodation in Manila that makes us the preferred backpacking corner in the Philppines at the moment! To all our guests who have stayed with us, thank you for all the support!


 Bex Davis (New Zealand), 23 Sept 2009


I felt totally spoiled by Our Melting Pot. For a young woman traveling by herself in a foreign country it was safe, clean and the staff simply amazed me with there warm welcome and generous spirit. While I was there, there was only one other guest, I think if the shared room was full it
would be a bit on the cosy side, but still worth it for the help and advice of the staff, they really took care of me. I hope to stay there again when I'm next in Manila.





Anja Jetter (Germany), 28 August 2009

Clean quiet hostel, firm bed, fresh sheets, great water pressure, close to 2 major shopping centers with food places for $4-8. Hostel is a condo unit so security is great. Breakfast is basic (noodles, soft rolls, coffee). No reading lamp per bed, but loved that each bed had quaint little curtains w/c gave me an excellent sense of privacy. Very helpful staff - Ronald, Joel, Macy, Lani - if you need any info abt where to go, what to eat =) Way better than my US hostels, so i\'d totally recommend it

Jason Willock, 11 July 2009

Johnel and Jason Willock
I had one night in Manila so I decided to try the Makati area. It's the heart of the city, where the business section is, and where there is also some nightlife. I stayed in a new hostel Our Melting Pot. It had been a while since I had been in a hostel, and this one was great. It was brand new, I was one of there first guests, the owners were very friendly, and it had a great location. While the air in Manila is still polluted, and it is not the cleanest of cities, there is a certain charm to it, and I quite enjoyed it. There were all sorts of restaurants and bars on the same street as the hostel, which was just a loft apartment converted into a hostel. Short walk to shopping malls, restaurants, and nightlife. There is a seedy area in Makati as well, which was interesting to see, it's just a bar street with bar girls, and unlike Thailand, where the majority of the visitors are European, most here where American. Although there are also tons of Korean bars as well. I didn't stay out very late, as I was tired from the long day of travel, and exploring the city, so I didn't get to see the street in full action, but I am sure it was colorful!I had a great dinner at a Biker Bar / Restaurant (across the hostel) that had a huge BBQ outside, and I think the owners were Canadian, as there were some Canadian Flags around and about. It was called The Handlebar I recommend it!


Charlene Diane Albert, 25th July 2009
Joel, Dianne, Liza


Prior to Our Melting Pot, I had never stayed at hostels before, so I was quite anxious about how my first experience was going to be. Lots of what-ifs ran through my mind - what if this, what if that. But as soon as I checked into OMP, my mind was put at ease! Not only did I find the hostel's atmosphere clean and cosy, the big plus was getting to know the owners of OMP themselves. Everyone (Ronald, Joel, Liza, Kidz & Lani) were so friendly, so helpful and never hesitated to lend a helping hand when I needed one!The hostel is also in very close proximity to convenience stores, ATM machines, 24-hr fast food outlets, shopping malls and bars, so for someone who would rather walk and not take the public transportation like me, it was a huge bonus. For P750/night, I think the OMP is definitely a steal! I hope to come back again in the near future on my trips back to the Philippines....
 Mikhal, Poland, 12th August 2009
Excellent hostel just in the heart of Makati. If you're looking for a good night sleep (and not a loud party-hostel) in a decent price this is your destination. Really nice breakfast included. Staff is very helpful. Just the opposite you have a BBQ bar and few affordable Korean restaurants. Would certianly recommend it!

by Vivien Palles, Canada, 12th July 2009
Clean, modern hostel, accented with impressive local interior. In a safe, quiet section of the village that is close to everything, especially the night life, fine dining restos and the Power Plant Mall. Right across Handle Bar-- a clear hit among tourists. Minus factor: I'm not comfy sharing rooms with strangers(guys) coz they ain't got exclusive dorm for women. Cheap place by Makati standard. Helpful staff.

by rhalos1098, Australia 09th July 2009
This hostel came as a surprise to me. I needed an affordable, decent bed & breakfast in Makati yet all I could find were 2 or 3-star hotels which cost US$30 per person. I stumbled upon a local promo about the hostel's opening week & risked being the guinea pig. The young owners are unbelievably helpful. I tell you: get this place if you wanna maximize your stay in Manila. And yes, breakfast is modest.


Ailsa, Philippines, 24th July 2009
Who would have thought you would find a gem of a place in an area where everybody knows accommodation is expensive. These young enterprenuers have stumbled upon a bright idea. I had no idea what a hostel would look like since I badly needed a place to stay.... The pictures you see give no justice to the ambiance this hostel has... warm and comfortable... you ought to try this place... you'd be surprised... you would end up having the urge to come back... I SURE DID....!
Steven Sokol (Center) Nobu Redona (Sweden)
Steve Sokol, Australia, 1st February 2011
You wouldn't believe your in a hostel. First time in manila, Amazingly clean. Very secure and safe. Close to food, and right in the heart of the nightlife. And only a 15min walk to restaurants and the malls. Staff are super helpful with any questions you have. Nice job OMP. I will be back.


Nobu Redona, Sweden, 17th January 2011
One of my top hostel..enjoyed staying there. Really is the best hostel in Asia. Clean fun and very helpful personnels. We felt really welcome and felt like home!



(Left) Thomas Berge (Middle) Mike Valley
Mike Valley,USA,3rd January 2011
I love this hostel so much. The people who stayed there were very friendly and the staff was awesome. One of the staff (Ella) went out of her way to help the guests with their day plans and gave great suggestions for what to do around Manila. Next time I'm in Manila I definitely will stay at Our Melting Pot!


Thomas Berge, Norway, 3rd March 2011


I was lost in this big city when it turned out that my hotel was in the middle of the slum.
But i had a bacup plan OMP. Even do the internett said it was full i went there and they open their arms and tok me in. They are werry friendly and help travelers whit everything.
Where can you live at a hostel in a hotel whit a gym and swimming pool elsewhere in the world?? I stayed at OMP fore 5days before i moved on to boracay then i went back to OMP fore 3days on my way back home. OMP is the best;)

Nicole (Center)
Nicole, Switzerland, 7th December 2010
I`ve stayed at Our Melting Pot 4 times during my 5 week stay on the Philippines! It was always like coming home as they make you feel so welcome there. They show you around, help you organise your trips, are always up for a talk or joke. It`s definitely a place to hang out and relax. It`s on the 18th floor and has a great view of the city. You can also use the gym and the swimming pool there. Location is also great. Very safe. So just go there and see for yourself - enjoy! 


(Dustin Smith-right side

Dustin Smith, USA 31st December 2011
All I can say is wow. the most helpful group i have ever met in my life. truly took care of me and everyone else i saw walk through the door. they helped me plan my itinerary, call airlines, call hotels, call bus companies, and anything else i had questions about. I honestly felt like they were my family. they cooked dinner on christmas for the guests and on new years too. i can recommend this place to anyone and everyone who appreciates good natured people and respect. thank you so much OMP!
Monica, USA 14th February 2011
Awesome hostel. Stayed in a 4 bedroom mixed dorm room. Both room and bathroom were extremely clean. Staff very friendly and helpful. Hostel is in a really upscale condo building/hotel with an infinity pool, restaurant, gym, and 24 hour security and front desk. Was pretty surprised of the hostel's location. Would def stay there again!!


Sungjoon (left side)
Sungjoon South Korea 1st January 2011
I did have great time here @ melting pot. it was clean, quiet and just awesome. Staffs were so kind and always ready to help you as you need. will definitely come visit again as I have another chance to. thanks to all staffs. 


Jan Lin
Jan Lin, Singapore 22nd February 2011
 Perfect home away from home, especially in a chaotic city like Manila. It was the tranquillity I needed, incredibly clean, comfortable beds, warm shower, etc. The 'host' was very personal in her approach with each guest. We had 3 girls in an ensuite bunk room so it was perfect and easy to mingle with each other. The common area is rather tight (just imagine the living room of an apartment!) so if space is a concern for you then just retreat to the dorm rooms no dramas. The host also prepares breakfast for every guest, I skipped it because I wasn't hungry, but I must say it's an awfully nice gesture

No comments:

Post a Comment