Thursday, October 8, 2009

Where To Go in the Philippines?

(photo credits: Ben Beiske of travelblog.org)


Where to go in the Philippines? This country happens to have 7,108 islands when it's low tide; 7,107 when high tide. Choose your pick. Manila is the Philippine capital but it does not atply represent the Philippines. Whatever impression you have of Manila, good or bad, the country's 7,107 island-pearls are mostly phenomenal. They are a sight to behold. Finding one island would sometimes generate a feeling that you would no longer wanna leave. But there are 7,106 more to visit. After some time, it will dawn on you that unfortunately the beauty of the Philippines is impossible to cover in one lifetime. That being said, there's one place in this Archipelago that strikes me differently -- Palawan. Many say, it's the gods' own country. I've never been able to personally write about it because back then I thought it was so very difficult to put into words my own experience.


Yesterday, my friend Liliram (as she is fondly called) sent me an email. I thought the email was a blessing because finally from the writings of a foreigner, the essence of how I felt about Palawan had the most beautiful, touching words to match it. The name of this wonderful traveler is Ben, who is a friend of my friend Lili. So, I'm leading you to the link below if at this point, you still wonder WHERE TO GO IN THE PHILIPPINES?



No comments:

Post a Comment